Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my child has already been assessed?

If your child has recently been assessed and a report is provided, therapy sessions can be arranged without further formal assessment.


Who can refer for an assessment?

Referrals are accepted from:

  • Parents/carers
  • General Practitioners/Paediatricians
  • Daycare, Kindergarten and School Teachers
  • Other professionals and community health organisations


What do I need to bring to the assessment session?

Any previous reports from other health professionals, including hearing tests and/or previous speech pathology assessments.
Referral letter (if you have one).


What payment methods are available?

  • Eftpos
  • Paypass
  • Credit Card
  • Direct Deposit
  • Cash


What rebates are available?

  • Private health funds (Claims through most health funds can be processed at the clinic via HiCaps.)
  • Medicare (If you have a Care Plan from your GP, you may be eligible for a Medicare rebate on a limited number of sessions. Please note this is NOT BULK BILLED as the rebate does not cover the whole of the session cost.)
  • Other Government Programs

Our speech pathologists are approved service providers for children covered by the Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) or Better Start for Children with Disability (Better Start) programs.

Brandon Speech Pathology is also a registered provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).