Another year is fast drawing to a close. Thank you all for faithfully bringing your child/children for therapy each week/fortnight and for following up with home activities.
We are starting to timetable for next year. Thanks to those of you who have already responded to our letter asking for your preferences for 2018.
If you are newer clients, you may wonder why we go through the process of re-timetabling. It is really just to cater for changes in days or times needed because of changes in your child’s schedule or your schedule.
Some helpful things to consider:
• If you are not sure whether your child will need to continue next year, reserve a spot anyway. It is much easier to remove your child’s name from our books later on than it is to try to find a suitable spot in the New Year.
• If you are happy with your timeslot, you can keep it.
• Some therapists may change their work days, so if you want a particular therapist, you may need to change days. If you want a particular day/timeslot, you may need to change therapists.
• We try our hardest to give you your preferred time but if someone already has that time and wants to keep it, we will need to use your second or third (and sometimes fourth) preference.
• Children entering Prep and Year 1 tend to be extremely tired after school. For this reason (and so that you get value for money), we encourage Prep and Year 1 (and usually Year 2) children to come after lunch but before school finishing time. This is the best time to be taken out of school as there tends to be less formal learning at school at this time of the day. If you really want your Prep, Year 1 or Year 2 child to come after school, we will try to accommodate you. Another option to consider for this age group is before school.
THE CLINIC WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR 1 WEEK AFTER STATE SCHOOLS BREAK UP (LAST DAY OF SPEECH PATHOLOGY FRIDAY 15th DECEMBER).
THERAPY SESSIONS WILL RE-COMMENCE ON MONDAY 8TH JANUARY 2018 (2 WEEKS PRIOR TO SCHOOL STARTING).